Identify. Differentiate. Prevent.
The epidemic strain of Clostridium difficile (027/NAP1/BI) is known to produce a significantly higher number of C. difficile spores and toxins. The epidemic strain has also been identified as a cause of hospital outbreaks worldwide. Healthcare professionals can now be informed on the epidemic C. difficile strain and make appropriate infection control decisions.
Xpert® C. difficile/Epi — Identify. Differentiate. Prevent.
Numerous outbreaks caused by the epidemic strain of C. difficile (027/NAP1/BI strain) highlight the need for rapid and accurate differentiation of C. difficile 027/NAP1/BI strains in order to stay ahead of an outbreak.
- Higher risk of cross contamination with 027/NAP1/BI strain due to more efficient sporulation1,2,3
- 027/NAP1/BI strain has been identified as a cause of outbreaks around the world4,5,6,7,8
- Incremental costs due to C. difficile infection can be as high as $7,1799 per patient
(1) Akerlund et al., Journal of Clinical Microbiology, 2008, p. 1530–1533; (2) Warny et al., Lancet 2005; 366: 1079–84; (3) Bartlett. Ann Intern Med. 2006;145:758-764; (4) Kalle et al., Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol 2009; 30:264-272; (5) Kuijer et al., Eurosurveillance Vol 12, Issues 3–6, Apr–Jun 2007; (6) Muto et al., Clinical Infectious Diseases 2007; 45:1266–73; (7) McDonald et al., New England Journal of Medicine 2005;353:2433-41; (8) Loo et al., New England Journal of Medicine 2005;353:2442-9; (9) Jarvis et al., American Journal of Infection Control, 2009;37:263-70
Xpert C. difficile/Epi is the first commercially available test in the world to detect and differentiate the epidemic strain of C. difficile (027/NAP1/BI). With rapid and accurate identification of epidemic strain, Infection Control professional can stay ahead of potential outbreak situation.
- Innovative multiplex design enables detection of C. difficile Infection (CDI) and 027/NAP1/BI strain call-out in a single cartridge
- On-Demand testing of samples from suspected CDI patients provides
- On-Demand epidemiological surveillance data clinicians can act on Monitoring and reporting of the epidemic strain enables clinicians to improve infection control efforts
Cepheid's Xpert C. difficile/Epi test provides on-demand results you can trust and empowers your clinical team to better manage patients.
- Cepheid - The Molecular Diagnostics Leader
- Catalog #: GXCDIFF/EPI-10
Xpert C. difficile/Epi
Number of Tests: 10
- How can I place an order?
Submit your request using our Request Information form, or call 1.888.838.3222, select option 1.