Rigorous investigational testing documented the Xpert Flu/RSV XC’s high accuracy and speed. This winter, we plan to leverage the test’s unique design to quickly test patients presenting with influenza-like illness at Emergency Departments, out-patient clinics, and in selected Urgent Care Clinics."
Donna M. Wolk, MHA, Ph.D., D(ABMM) System Director, Clinical and Molecular Microbiology,
Geisinger Health System
Professor, Wilkes University
Respiratory viruses, especially influenza, mutate rapidly and novel strains can emerge with little notice.
Overwhelming evidence now shows that rapid influenza and RSV tests lack adequate clinical performance and, therefore, clinical usefulness.1,2
Influenza: Evolution in Action
Emerging Flu Strains are a Constant Challenge
(1) Harper SA, et al. Seasonal Influenza in Adults and Children—Diagnosis, Treatment, Chemoprophylaxis, and Institutional Outbreak Management: Clinical Practice Guidelines of the Infectious Diseases Society of America. Clin Infect Dis. 2009 Apr 15;48(8):1003-32. (2) Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infection (RSV). Accessed Nov 2014. http://www.cdc.gov/rsv/about/faq.html
A quick, easy to use, next-generation test that is designed to detect and differentiate Flu A, Flu B, and RSV infection maximizes medical decision making – enabling real-time testing during a patient presentation.
Be Prepared with Extended Coverage
- Extended coverage and redundant target segments ensure accurate and reliable detection of Flu A, Flu B, and RSV infection
- Unprecedented human and avian influenza strain coverage
- Enhanced infection control and antiviral/antibiotic stewardship
- Improved operation and patient workflow
- On-demand testing provides peace of mind to both physician and patient
Single-test confidence will accelerate your laboratory’s workflow with on-demand, random-access flexibility. Combine performance with the capability to run other Xpert tests (including GBS, MRSA, C. difficile, CT/NG, and MTB/RIF) on Cepheid’s GeneXpert® System to achieve proven productivity increases in overall laboratory service.3-7
Shift your lab from reactive to proactive
- Achieve fast turnaround time and improve patient management
- Early assay termination option: deliver results in as little as ~40 minutes*
- Quickly deliver targeted therapies and peace of mind to patients
* For positive result with Flu only or RSV only reporting. 63 minutes for negative.
(3) Morgan MG. The Perfect Storm. Cepheid Impact. 2012 Jun;2:4-7. (4) Parada JP. Increase Revenue and Improve Patient Safety. Cepheid Impact. 2012 Jun;2:8-11. (5) El Helali N. Less Uncertainty - Better Safety - More Healthy Newborns. Cepheid Impact. 2012 Jul;3:4-7. (6) Haynes L. The C. difficile Challenge. Cepheid Impact. 2012 Jul;3:10-15. (7) Parada JP. Improving Patient Safety. Cepheid Impact. 2012 Oct;4:8-11.
- GeneXpert System Brochure
- GeneXpert Infinity Systems Brochure
- Xpert Menu US
- Xpert Flu/RSV XC - IVD Brochure
- Xpert Flu/RSV XC StartPak Program
- 2015 CDC Panel Composition Test & Cepheid Results - Xpert Flu/RSV XC
- Xpert Flu/RSV XC - IVD Datasheet
- 2015 CDC Panel Composition Test & Cepheid Results - Xpert Flu/RSV Xpress
- Cepheid - The Molecular Diagnostics Leader
- Catalog #: GXFLU/RSV-10
Xpert Flu/RSV XC
Number of Tests: 10
- How can I place an order?
Submit your request using our Request Information form, or call 1.888.838.3222, select option 1.